It’s a 3 week “challenge.” Decide what you want changed in your life, and then go for it!
On your mark, get set….
This mini-challenge will run 3 weeks. Each weekday we’ll give you tips on how to live a healthier life. It takes 3 weeks to make or break a habit. So here we are. And here are some tips to keep in mind.
In order to create change in your life:
1. Start with baby steps! We are talking about lifestyle changes! You can’t sprint for the rest of your life. I see so many people who start out these types of challenges sprinting–meaning working out 3 hours a day, not eating enough food, and trying to “lose weight” fast. Keep your enthusiasm, BUT, incorporate things a bit at time. Try new things, but remember, it’s about keeping a balance here.
2. You have to sweat. You have to get your heart rate up so you’re a bit breathless. A.K.A. cardio. And your muscles might get tired. I’m not saying you’ll be in pain, BUT, you do need to push your body to create change. It improves your heart and lungs’ functions, among MANY other benefits.
3. You have to do some resistance training. It will not get you looking like Arnold. But to create a strong, healthy body, you need to create resistance so your muscles improve function. This also helps protects your body, helps sustain you, and you will be able to move better!
4. It’s all about what you eat! Seriously! Okay, it’s at LEAST 75% of your success in being physically healthy. For the first couple of weeks, use the recipes already posted to eat balanced. Remember, think “low to the ground’.” If you can pluck it, pick it, grow it, it is probably healthy for you, and meant for you to eat. More details on this in the coming weeks.
5. Being mentally and spiritually healthy is the other side of the coin. You can be fit as a fiddle, yet unhealthy spiritually, which means you’re unhealthy emotionally, too. And what’s the point of life then? That is the true meaning of empty! We want to be full of SUBSTANCE!! We want to live a life that leaves an impact on people! So we’ll give you tips to stay grounded in the ride we call “life!”
Now that you’re still reading, here’s the good part. Subscribe to this blog to get the latest updates sent to you, and we’re having a giveaway!! I’ll let you know what it is soon.
All right! Fitness ideas start tomorrow!