Hi! I know. It’s been a while since I posted any recipes. I spent all Saturday morning in my kitchen, whipping up some delights for the week, apron donned and all. Here’s one I made and we devoured. It was pretty much a “What do I have in the pantry for veggies and let’s give it a shot!” conglomerate of goods, but it ended up working out beautifully and deliciously. Eggs are my go-to!
I LOVE a good meal packed with color and veggies that is wholesome to the body and easy to eat for leftovers.
This one’s it. You can sub out or add your favorite veggies, but it’s got it all–protein, veggies and flavor!
Steps and ingredients below. Enjoy!
- 16 eggs
- 4 chicken sausages, chopped (optional!)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 2 cups of spinach (or two handfuls if you measure like me)
- 1/2 tsp of chipotle seasoning (optional)
- a dash of pepper
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Grab a big pan and melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Saute the sweet potato, the onion and the pepper for 5-10 minutes, or until soft/tender.
- Meanwhile, brown the chicken sausage in a separate pan, turning once. This will take about 10 minutes, maybe less.
- Turn off the heat, add the spinach, and put the lid on it. (This will wilt the spinach.)
- In a large bowl, crack and drop in the eggs. Whisk gently.
- Add the chicken and the veggies to the eggs, and season with with the chipotle and pepper.
- Spray a 13x9 with olive oil spray (or line with parchment paper). Add the egg mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until browned and set.