Delightfully simple. Fantastically fresh. Wonderfully savory. A meal all in one dish. All your necessary nutrients in one slice. Ready to try it?
All you need are eggs, tomatoes, cheese, spinach and basil. That’s it!
Let me introduce you to my Mediterranean (roll the r) quiche.
I add around 18 eggs so when we slice it up, we get ample protein in each square.
Because it’s low sodium, you may want to serve it with salsa. Makes great leftovers, too.
- 12-18 eggs (I use 18 so that when we eat a square, there's a good amount of protein in it)
- 2 cups of chopped spinach
- 1 cup (plus) of chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Whip together the eggs in a large bowl.
- 2. Chop the spinach, tomato, and basil and add to the bowl.
- 3. Add the cheese, salt and pepper.
- 4. Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown and the center is set.
- 5. Enjoy! **Because it is low sodium, you may want to serve with a side of salsa.