Yum to the y.
This is a staple meal at our household. It’s fresh, it’s easy, and it’s toasty. I don’t know about you, but I crave hot meals at the end of the day! **Tip** I’m sure you already do this, but always keep a package of chicken sausage on hand. They are super easy to toss onto the grill or saute stovetop. On my “I have less than 10 minutes” nights, this is the meal I make.
I love to grill the sausages. If you aren’t in bbq mode, then grab a large pan, shake a few drops of red wine vinegar into the pan, toss in the sausages, and heat to medium.
Meanwhile, wash and dice up some sweet peppers and 1/2 red onion.
Flip the sausages and toss in the veggies. Add a little more red wine vinegar, along with some fresh garlic.
While it’s cooking, grab your quinoa pasta and/or veggie pasta. I used both. Quinoa penne pasta and curly (fusilli) veggie pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
Toss it all together, top with a little parmesan and basil pesto, and you’ve got yourself a winner for dinner!
- 1 package chicken sausage **I love the costco ones** (5 links)
- 4-6 sweet peppers (or bell peppers), sliced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 heaping tsp garlic cloves, minced (or 2 cloves)
- 1/2 cup quinoa pasta or veggie pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (one Tbsp per bowl/serving)
- 1/4 cup basil pesto (one Tbsp per serving)
- 1. Grab a large pan. Add a Tbsp of red wine vinegar (two shakes). Add the sausage, and cook on medium heat. Or just bbq them.
- 2. While they're cooking, wash and slice the peppers, and chop the onion.
- 3. Turn the sausages over (should be browned after a few minutes), and add the veggies, garlic, and the rest of the red wine vinegar.
- 4. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- 5. Drain pasta, and toss it all together.
- 6. Dish up and top w/ pesto and parmesan.