I LOVE love Eating Well. I found this recipe online. Fritattas + Me = Love. Check it out here. I made a few changes to the original recipes, and we devoured it! Made it today, and it’s already gone. It’s a great dinner with some great nutrients. Next time I’ll double it so we can do leftovers for the next day’s lunch.
Start with brown rice, water and a bit of salt.
Add these to a small pot. Bring to a boil and simmer on low, covered for 45-50 minutes.
2 cups water
1/2 cup wild rice
1/8 tsp of salt (4 cranks on the salt grinder)
When there’s only about 15 minutes left, grab 10 eggs. (recipe calls for 5, but I think it needed more)
Add 7 eggs to the bowl, and 3 egg whites. Grab these spices.
Add 2 Tbsp of fresh parsley, or 2 tsp of dried parsley.
Now add 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper. (or a few cranks of each on the grinders)
Beat the eggs.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 7 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 2 tsp of dried
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 round Tbsp minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms (cremini, white button, shiitake), sliced
- 1/2-3/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup turkey pepperoni, chopped
Until next time!